This programme is for those who already have experience managing and leading groups of services who want to become Directors or Chief Executives or be more effective in their current role. It gives them the skills and confidence to become highly effective leaders.
Develop your leadership potential as a social care professional
Extend your capabilities to lead in a complex and changing environment
Increase your impact on, and value to, both your employer and service users
Our aim is for this programme to become the recognised route to excellent high-level leadership in the social care sector for strategic leaders.
It’s designed to be thought provoking and is tailored to your needs.
The programme is for:
- Aspire to be directors or chief executives
- Already have experience of managing or leading at a senior level
- Chief Executives or Directors in small and medium sized organisations
- Are Heads of Services in local authorities
- Experienced Operational or Registered Managers
- Would like to run a care service or play a larger part in the delivery of high-quality care
Employers who want to:
- Develop the best senior leaders for their organisation
- Ensure their leaders can cope with the changes in care delivery
- Have access to a leadership programme to support their own talent management arrangements
How you benefit:
Learners attend four residential modules over six months at the National College for School Leadership in Nottingham.
These modules look at the:
- Leading self
- Leading with others
- Leading to achieve
- Leadership challenge
The spacing of the modules gives you time to apply what you have learnt during the programme. There is preparatory work before the programme (MBTI and 360 degree review), between each module and some project work afterwards.
What those on the course gain
You shape your own structured learning journey. With your commitment, we will encourage you to:
- Develop your own authentic leadership style, explore its effectiveness in a complex, changing environment
- Develop the ability to evaluate leadership and change strategies
- Improve your ability to develop high-performance relationships, teams and partnerships
- Meet the challenges of leadership, reform and transformation within social care
- Track the impact of the programme during and after the modules
- Individual employers benefit because:
- Productivity and effectiveness is increased
- Staff satisfaction and retention increase
- You show a commitment to effective leadership and staff development
This programme also includes two coaching sessions, a professional mentor and an integrated project.
Dates and fees:
The four residential modules will be held at the National School of Leadership in Nottingham on:
- 26th and 27th September 2013
- 2nd and 3rd December 2013
- 3rd and 4th March 2014
- 14th and 15th May 2014
Some preparatory work will also be required, which will need to be submitted 4 weeks prior to the first module.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 28th February 2013.
The course fees are:
Skills Academy members: £2,500.00 plus VAT
Non-members: £2,700.00 plus VAT
Contact us for information on fees, programme structure or an Application Form.